Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Recent outings & Pregnancy Updates: weeks 23-27

Recent Events:

My Birthday! 27!

Jarrod and I went down to Houston to celebrate mine and my mom's birthdays :) Dinner was made for us, presents were literally over done, which was awesome, and the company was great! Perfect little intimate dinner with the fam!

Allen/Mansfield Wedding!

Jarrod and I traveled to Taylor, TX for an intimate country wedding to witness Taylor & John exchange vows. It was a fun wedding as they had awesome snack stations like smores and popcorn and the couple's love dynamic carried through the happy day. You can tell these two will be together forever! Aside from going to weddings, which I love, it was great catching up with people! We really enjoyed our convos with Eric & Renee and loved our stay with the great hosts, Shannon & Dustin.




Mardi Gras in Shreveport!


Lauren, Sam's girlfriend, has family in Shreveport and asked if we wanted to come out to her parents' house (which so happens to be on a lake :)) for the Shreveport Mardi Gras parade. Of course we said YES, went and had a blast! Who knew Mardi Gras celebrations were so big and so much fun! We tailgated for the parade the entire day, which came through at 5:00 PM. The next day, Sunday, we also got to enjoy some delish crawfish, 30 lbs in fact, amongst 8 people but chyah, it was fun!

Set up Nursery, thanks to Shelley & Rhonda!

Shelley & Rhonda (mom in law and aunt) came to help Jarrod and I set up Jame's nursery. These ladies are great and should hire out their services because painted an entire room, put up the crib and hung curtains in a matter of 1 day! Yup, 1 day! That's efficiency at its finest! I can't wait to add James to the room now! We also enjoyed a loverly dinner at the Shoppes of Legacy and a 2 mile walk through the park Sunday, later followed by Mexican food. Hey, we deserved it!





Arkansas!


For Christmas, Lauren and I bought Sam, Jarrod and us girrrls a 3 day trip to Mount Magainze Resort in Arkansas. We vacayed in what we consider 100% opposite of the wall less, sheet less, possibly bug infested cabin we stayed in a year ago near Canyon Lake. Although that haunted cabin was fun thanks to stories that ensued, this place was NICE and luxurious. Our view was none other than perfect and oh, we had our own private hot tub outside too. SCORE. One of our adventures consisted of a 3 hour ATV tour, which was fun up until Jarrod soaked himself, me and the babay after speeding through the top of a semi shallow waterfall. That would have been awesome had we dressed warm enough for the 30 degree weather + windchill + ATV 'speed' chill + water. OUCH JARROD haha! The next day, we hiked around mount magazine and hills, roughly 5.8 miles! Also included in our weekend adventure were numerous games (killer bunny & life), alcohol runs, smores, and a Saturday night dance called "Sax and Sweets". That name couldnt' have better defined the night. We had fun making fun of the one saxaphone that played and how quiet and subdued the room was when he stopped. Maybe everyone was too busy enjoying the delish desserts they provided. They really were very good so me and baby were happy :)



Austin Shower!

Literally every event that Shelley has thrown or had friends throw has been beyond amazing. The ladies that threw this shower made everything look so cute! The spread included everything from sandwiches to cupcakes and alcohol for those luckies that can enjoy. They laid out different boy bibs around the room and everything was a sweet pale blue! I'm so thankful for those hosts and everyone that came! I can't wait for James to wear and/or use the items we got!

I'll add more pictures once I get more, but here's a peak at the great event! Thank you to the photographer Cathy :)

THE BABAY JAMES!


New ache: I started to feel very tight, let's just say... below my belly button and yet I'm not referencing the down there zone. It was pretty painful to walk after I 'over did it' on the elliptical and walking up stairs (9 flights, oops :/) I'm glad it was that I over extended myself and wasn't having premature labor symptoms, as it happened to my mom for all 3 of us. Her's started at 27 weeks with me and earlier for Kathryn and Joe. That had to be so scary, so props to her for making it to the finish line for all 3 of us! Also, Yup, my body is definitely different and is adapting to caring for a baby now. I have to be honest with myself as to what I should be doing physically. Note to self and for those new momas out there...!

Sleep:it used to be awesome but between leg spasms, 3 am potty sessions and a wondering mind, I don't get much any more. Poor Jarrod, too, as I know he doesn't get much sleep either. I must give him an A for effort in trying to set it up so I don't wake myself up when I NEED LIGHT ( I hate the dark) for my 3 am bathroom run. He installed a dim light that turns on when I walk into the bathroom. He's too cute but soon we discovered that this thing wakes us both up because it shines directly on Jarrod when he's asleep. haha oh dear. Again, A for effort!

Food Cravings: Not much other than the constant need for dairy and sugar. Also, I find it hilarious that he's essentially turned into my diet coach and wont let me eat sugar during dinner, to avoid me staying awake but of course. It's hard even with him banning it from me.

Baby Movements: James moves...ALL THE TIME. I don't need to elaborate other than to tell you his nick name will be BAM BAM. Even during my prenatal yoga class he's kicking away. Aren't we both supposed to be relaxed?! ;p Love this little guy already and I think he might be the active one!

Baby Size: I am currently 28 weeks and he's supposedly 2.5 lbs already! Also, the doc said he had long legs and torso for his body so I'm excited to see if he'll be tall or not! I hope he didn't get stuck with my shorty pant jeans, but even if he did, it's cool because he'll probably be fast!


                                                                    James at 25 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment