Thursday, June 6, 2013

Social events during 3rd trimester

Recent Events!

Baby Shower in Houston:
I'm so spoiled! The shower thrown by my mom and sister, with the help of her close friends, my mother in law and my grandma, was absolutely wonderful. My mom has a nack for making things extremely detail oriented, and well, perfect. She worked so diligently on hand made candies to use as toppers in the cupcakes, bottled shaped cookies, breakfast muffins made from scratch, a beautiful blue wreath  for Jarrod and I to hang on our front doorand many other items I'm forgetting to mention I'm sure. The guests, also, couldn't have been more fun to be around. Each came with great advise or a funny story and, wow, they all went out of their way to spoil James too! All in all, it was a great day and will be cherished forever.

Baby Shower in Dallas:
We had another great shower thrown here in D Town!! My friends Sarah, Sara and Emily all put a lot of effort into the cute little cowboy themed shower! The food was delish, thank you Nothing Bundt Cakes, Tiff's Cookies and delicious home made taco bar by the 3 talented chefs, Sarah, Sara and Emily!! They also prepared some fun games they put a lot of effort into. Apprently statistics show that Dad's are better diaper changers, insert HUGE Maria grin. Also, thanks to taste test baby food game, banana flavor isn't half bad ;) We had so much support shown from them and the wonderful friends that all traveled near and far to come! Can't wait to celebrate the arrival of their babies, some day (<cough>, near future?) too!

Miranda & Caleb got Mawwied!
We were blessed to have witnessed the union between Miranda and Caleb. These two will definitely be together FOR LIFE, no doubt. The ceremony and reception were held outside on this beautiful ranch property that overlooked a little pond. Caleb's dad was the pastor which made for an extra special message too. Jarrod and I had a great time celebrating these two along with their many great friends! So glad we could be there to witness a fun and memorable event!

The Parentals Multiple Visits!
Our parents have been so great in helping us prepare for the arrival of our little guy. My mom spent an entire 3 days helping us organize Jame's closet, shop for necessary items, clean his clothes, organize and prepare a baby proof house, build the toys and tools we received from showers AND take me maternity clothes shopping! What a RELIEF it was to FINALLY have clothes that were 1. comfortable and 2. didn't make me look like, well, ugly. I had this idea that I could wear clothes that were a-line or loose that weren't necessarily maternity so I could continue to save save save. I was so wrong about that assumption and now I love Motherhood Maternity, Sweet Peas, Gap Maternity and Ann Taylor Loft Maternity. There's nothing worse than feeling bad about how you look during pregnancy. I've decided that feeling good with less money over rides more money but feeling crappy about our appearance, haha. This should explain my frequent visits to the nail salon too, heh ;)p

The next month, both my parents came up to help us install room spanning shelves. Jarrod and I attempted to install our own but failed at making them look 'aesthetically' pleasing. It's hard when you're trying to install so they don't fall down on your child. Fortunately, we were advised to use real wood (vs the heavier compressed and pre painted wood) so we could use brackets that, although they may not support as much, are 'more visually appealing'. It took us an entire Saturday but it was well worth the time and effort as the room looks great now, if I must say so myself :)

Shelley and Brian have also been such a great help and support. They've given us so many useful baby prep ideas and gifts! They've also offered to come help take care of James during the interim of me going back to work and not yet having a daycare for my baby until August 1st. They're always the best hostesses whenever we visit too. This past Easter, they had a basket of clothes set out for us, the best homemade meals EVER (thanks to Brian's meat from hunting), and Shelley always has cookies and candy laying around for us to eat. Did I mention, also, that their place is gorgeous and I always feel like Jarrod and I are vacationing when we are there. Maybe I shouldn't make that public information ;) Again, we are ridiculously spoiled.

Friend Outings!
I don't care if I'm judged for saying this, but the Circus was AWESOME. Jarrod had a client give him discount tickets to the circus at the Dr Pepper arena so we thought, meh, why not. It was fun, to say the least, and I didn't realize how cool elephants and tigers really are. Thanks to DQ and his lovely wife Hannah for joining us on that little adventure too :)

I'm so glad I've been able to see Jenny more this year as she's had to work in Dallas for a client! Who else better to spend time eating Mexican food and shopping and have a blast doing so? Our second visit consisted of wine 'tasting' and cheese plate followed by a message at Message Envy. I've decided to add Message Envy to my top fav companies of all time, humanah humanah, it felt so good.

Ms. Sarah and her highschool sweetheart are tying the knot, whoO! I thoroughly enjoyed bridesmaid shopping and lunch at Cheesecake factory (aka a bite of salad followed by an entire cheesecake). Her group of gals is fun so I can already tell the showers and bachelorette party will be a blast! And yes, we said yes to a dress so it was a rather successful day :)














I know there's tons more I'm missing here so I'll update once I can remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment