Friday, January 18, 2013

Weeks 16-22

Recent Happenings:

My sister got married!!
The day couldn't have gone anymore perfect. Kathryn looked beautiful, the music turned out to be beautiful (we had some MAJOR issues with musician schedules, music arrangements, sound system usage and scheduling etc), scheduling was great, I didn't cry during my speech, just during the ceremony ha, the reception decor literally looked like a touch of heaven and everyone was supportive and focused on happiness involved for that day. I mention that last thought because it was very hard to not also want to cry for Casey, missing Leanne and the fact that she, Garland and Cameron weren't with us to witness Casey and Kathryn's marriage ceremony (Casey's parents and older brother). I know without a doubt that they were there though and in much better form and spirits. That thought has to be what keeps my sister, Casey and Caitlin so strong. I admire all three of them for their strong faith and will try to mimick that strength to keep myself from mourning sweet Leanne. I mean come on, if they can have strength to survive the death of a brother, then dad and now mother, who am I to be weak? No time or room for that!

Mama Mia: gone to heaven!
The week before the wedding, Mama Mia, my great grandmother, took her last breath. She was 98 years old and lived a life to the fullest, literally! The woman was gambling until her last year and didn't retire the heals until 96 or 97. She also loved the little things, aka why she was always adorned with jewelry. I attribute my love for jewelry and accessories to her influence, definitely :) She always had a story and I'm so proud of the Italian heritage she passed down. Because her death followed closely to Leanne's, it was easier for me to remember the strength required in losing Leanne so I'm doing my best to apply that strength to the loss of Mama Mia as well. The focus is I'm more than thankful that I knew her for 26 years and got to share my wedding day and baby news with her!

New job!
I started a new job at Xerox and really like it! It allows for flexible hours, ie start and finish work time, remote access so we can work from home and most importantly, It focuses on what I believe are my strengths. Despite that, right now I'm
just trying to stay on pace and prove myself to people who have had more experience than me. I hope I can be fluid with modeling P&L and cash flows before I leave to have the baby! :/ sounds super dorky eh? :[]

THE BABY!
Symptoms: same old, heartburn and some days I can't eat. On those bad days, my belly feels so full and it's the most uncomfortable feeling ever! Nothing but time helps alleviate that terrible and full feeling. Imagine that, being pregnant isn't comfortable. Despite me not being able to eat thanks to little room or whatever, I think about food all.the.time. I actually get in a bad mood now when I can't eat because it's literally like the highlight of the century when I can. I'm so waiting for that day when I can enjoy food during and after I eat it. I've found that sugarless gum helps a little when Im at work and carbonated water helps after dinner. Ew, gross, I know!

Baby's movements: he moves allllll the time! It's adorable, actually. I started feeling him early on and as the weeks have progressed, it has become much more noticeable. He actually scares me sometimes because I'll be sitting there and all of a sudden, theres a roll, kick and punch coming from inside my tum. It makes the stomach aches and lack of ability to exercise worth it! He's too cute when he moves :)

Baby's weight: at exactly 22 weeks, he was 1 pound! He also supposedly has long legs! Maybe he'll be tall!!

Maternity clothes. Started wearing them
At week 20. I could still fit in my jeans buttoned at 22 weeks but it wasn't comfortable. I like the belly band or a rubber band idea. Also, props to Ann Taylor for making my very cute and non maternity looking shirts and work pants! soooooo comfortable, 'sigh' from relief. I also love all the new shirts and bottoms
I got from my auntie!!!! I have the best aunties in the world :))

Workouts: I can run but I'm scared to now that Im around the time my mom was when she went into premature labor. I like the elliptical, bike and weights mostly now. Workout 3 or 4 times a week. Meh, it's ok and something at least.

































No comments:

Post a Comment