Monday, December 3, 2012

Preggo updates - weeks 11-16


PREGNANCY UPDATES: 
Symptoms: Since week 11, I've started to feel a lot more tired with an increase in heartburn and off and on mild to severe nausea. I used to be such a night owl but now it's hard for me to stay awake as Ive been crashing on the couch come 9:00 PM. During week 15, I'm not sure if I came down with stomach bug or pregnancy was just at a raging high but I felt ill for 2 days. I was proud that even feeling terrible, I still went to work that Monday only to find out that two people were gone sick that day :[] Pat on the back self.

Weight gain: since my 8 lb loss, yes 8 and not 6, weight loss, i've gained back 2. So, that's good. My BMI is normal and I'm right on target.

Best Moments: I have so many. In sum, Jarrod has been absolutely wonderful throughout this entire pregnancy. He's started to pick up slack by doing more laundry, cooking meals and tucking me in bed after I crash on the couch. He's also been so comforting emotionally and will go to the store to buy more gingerale, groceries for the week or whatever I need. The guy has been a saint and has even remained excited for the arrival of little James during me being tired, grouchy, sick or whatever poopiness I've been. Even further, he'll do big and little things to indicate his excitement like spend an entire weekend clearing out the baby's closet or buy Jame's his first bottles, which happen to be aggie bottles hehe. He even picked out Jame's first baby camo outfit! Another great memory was when Jarrod pulled out the sonogram to show my parents right as they picked us up from the airport one weekend. I didn't even know he made a copy of it. HAHA! I just love his enthusiasm and it's so sweet that he already loves this baby so so much! 

sex: IT'S A BOY!!
We were fortunate to find out the baby's sex quite early. I always had a feeling it was a boy but what great news to hear as it's 99.99% definitely a boy. The doctor laughed and said, 'Yah, he's not hiding anything. In fact, I'm 100% confident it's not a girl'. haha! I Think Jarrod enjoyed hearing that statement ;)

Physical changes: I am so glad I posted something on facebook the other day in questioning when pregnant women show and what to do about this dress fitting I have in 2 weeks for my sister's wedding. I'm not showing but my stomach will stick out a little after I've eaten. So, after a half meal or even a couple bights, I pretty much just look like I had an entire turkey for lunch and then some. What's really changed though are my ribs. I didn't realize until a couple days ago that my ribs are wider after someone pointed this out in my facebook post. The wider ribs explains my bras and dresses lately. I just though it was my chest, which yes too has increased in size.

Workouts: I was given the ok to start running again but it's a little limiting that I can only get my heart rate up to 140. In bike classes, warm up, which consists of an easy pace with no resistance, should be around 150 so even running now isn't what running used to be. I miss getting my heart rate up and feeling like I got a great work out in. I'm a weird adrenaline junky mkay and you don't have to understand this facet about me. No one usually does, except addicted runners of course ;)

Looking forward to: I can't wait for my sister's wedding, Christmas and New Year's! I feel like this year, I've really started to appreciate the beauty in celebrating this special occasion and holidays! Why you ask, well in sum, it's because Jesus rocks and I have so much to be thankful for! I've been so excited for the wedding that I decided to make jewelry for the bridesmaids and bracelets for female relatives of bride and groom. Beads are now everywhere ha but no worries, picking those up is my next project! I'm also taking piano lessons in hopes to play better, ie more relaxed and with better technique, for Kats wedding and any upcoming competitions I hear of. :[]
I also can't wait to get further along in the pregnancy so Jarrod can feel Jame's little kicks and flutters. I have started to feel the little butterflies or Jame's little movements :) It's kind of creepy/beautiful to know there's a life in there, or like I like to call James', my little fish. He's constantly swimming around when we first see him on the ultrasound. Pretty sure he's having a hay day in there!!









1 comment:

  1. Major props to Jarrod! Those little acts of love are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete