Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Our Little Scare-Early Pregnancy

Overview of Weeks 5-11
Being pregnant this first trimester has gone a lot differently than I ever imagined. I thought the sickness and all of that happened early on and was over within a week or two. Before I complain though, let me first say that really I am overjoyed to have this experience!
So, I didn't know losing weight was an option and secondly, who knew feeling exhausted started so soon.  During my 6th week, I couldn't eat anything but apple sauce and jello. Even those two items hurt my stomach and well water, OUT of the question. I later found out that I was taking multivitamins that irritated my stomach so it helped when I later switched. After week 7, and a prescription of Zofran from my doctor, my symptoms weren't 'terrible' (aka didn't feel like the flu anymore) and included cramping week 5 and 6, heartburn, feeling full after two bites, and nausea either at night or during the evening. I was told by my doctor that cramping is usual and it means the uterus is growing, in case any pregnant girls still early on wanted to know ;) i read so many blogs when everything was still too early to make things obvious by asking new mothers questions. By the way, the term 'morning sickness' needs to really renamed "all friggin day gag me" because it hits at different and in spurts throughout the day.

Week 6-Our Little Scare
I'm glad my husband was so excited about telling everyone our great news! He told a lot of his good friends almost the day after we found out, hehe. I was told by my mom about the etiquette so I refrained from sharing as much as I could. It wasn't until after our little scary experience, however, that I really came to understand why people wait to say something...

I woke up on week 6, day 5, also on a Monday, with a little cramping but nothing major. My back didn't hurt and I wasn't dizzy but none the less, the cramping was still there and kept me a little worried. I soon found what sort of looked like a miscarraige. I cried with Jarrod along side me who comforted me by saying it may not be a miscarriage. We opted to go to the doctor but because I wasn't 8 weeks yet, we tried a minor ER center this time and they were fortunately open and very helpful. I arrived at the ER, told them my symptoms and within an hour, they had an ultrasound technician ready for me and had my blood HCP levels back. Jarrod came in time to hear the baby's heartbeat and everything indicated the baby was doing fine! The problems was that the placenta sack tore a little from my uterus, also called a hemmorhage. To prevent further tear, the doctor at the ER and later, my obgyn, told me NO RUNNING and no working out until I get farther along, as long as it's healed. Since week 6, I have been such a good girl and have not run! To most, that would be simple but I love to go for a run so that's been a little hard. I can't complain though because I have a new little life inside me!


Since week 6:

Weight gain: -6 lbs

Highlights: telling family around week 8 after my sisters bridal shower :) my aunts and grandma teared up which was special to me, as I'm definitely more emotional, easy cry target ;)

Symptoms: stomach tightness, nausea, smells stronger, cry-able (I'm talking tear up at a pretty song on the radio), more aggressive, especially about this election. All of a sudden, I've become passionate about politics? Also, speaking my mind has become a little too easy...? Speaking of my mind, pregnancy brain made its debut when I locked my keys in my car AND then spent the next hour in the parking garage underneath my car. I attempted to find the spare key that Jarrod placed under my car, yeah under. Still a sweetie though, love you babe! I finally found the key but too bad Jarrod was almost halfway to where I was (I worked an hour from where we live). So sweet of him! Haha :/

Gender: I think it might be a boy, based on my new interest in politics and oh yah, sports!




3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! I know it's hard to modify workout routines, but like you said it's definitely worth it. There are so many fun things to come! Also, I hope the nausea starts to fade for you soon; that part is not so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca! I must say, you have been a trooper for what you've been through! I'm glad you're feeling better now! You look absolutely beautiful, glowing and still so tiny even with your sweet baby bump!

      Thank you Cathy! Congratulations to your friend as well!!

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy for you!!!!! I just found out tonight that another friend of mine is having a baby :) thanks for sharing, I love this. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete