Saturday, September 15, 2012

Blink of an eye

So, you know how elders always say "enjoy this time now because it will fly with the blink of an eye"? Yah, they are right! First year of marriage has flown by oh so fast! That's a good thing though, as I'd rather have a good year to remember then a dragging bad one!
Highlights from year one of marriage:

Getting to explore North Carolina through hiking, road trips, hot air balloons, formals and long runs in the fall foliage.

Jarrod coming home and not knowing what to expect when he got there. I can't stand sitting still (mind you, I wasn't working) so I went out to a consignment store one day and bought an entire bedroom set, china cabinet and then a table, but no chairs. All under 1K, which is good as all that new would have cost 20K. To make matters more exciting, I wanted to strip and stain the bedroom furniture outside our 600 sq foot apartment. So one day, Jarrod told me, don't sand with the electric sander inside. Naturally, I thought it was therefore ok to sand with sand paper inside without him knowing, when it was cold and raining mind you. I had everything lined up by the door ready to take out before jarrod got home. That would have worked out great if Jarrod hadn't come home early. In his usual aggressive self, he opens the door then runs into the dresser and then over the corner of the dresser I was working on. Definitely an I love Lucy moment on my part there haha. Poor husband!

Finding out we were moving to Dallas, then the big road trip and move there! We moved things from 3 different cities, oy vay!

Fun times with friends! Dancing, drinking, concerts, road trips to Austin, the farm in Corsicana, San Antonio, Birthdays, aggie game, celebrating new friend home, that one time at jump for life! ;) pool times, 4th of July and disc golf, grilling out, cirque de soleil, peticure (yes my 1 of 2for the year! I've been a good girl), house warming party, aggie hh.

Fun times with family! Our big vacay to Jacksonville was so much fun! I won't forget the big hike that day, bush whacking, fly fishing. Multiple Trips to Houston and Austin were always fun! Highlights of those include trip to exotic animal ranch in Austin, Larry's 60th, Christmas in Austin, thanksgiving in htown, mama Mia's 98th birthday in Houston, wedding dress shopping for Kat, Joe's WS concert in college station!


Finding our new home and that big move! Thanks to Janice and Debi! Our parents spoiled us with home decorations, essentials and even helped us paint the house!!

Renting my own first piano and starting lessons with Dr Allison! I've learned so much in the 3 lessons I've had!!

Gardening with the hubs. The story that ensued as a result of our hard work. That will be explained later

Every day life with hubs. He always comes home and will give me a kiss. He never fails to do laundry, help me clean kitchen and makes a point to have us time, without tv on. He's always supportive, really wants me to continue my hobbies, running and piano, and is just a great teammate to have in this together forever life we signed up for ;) that and he let's me think I'm smarter and wiser, which makes him smarter and wiser than me :[]

Thankful for a great first year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment